Haven't really used an app with my students this week. We have used PP and word processing (which are just substitutions for previous technology). I pay attention.
Anyway, many are using their Kindle app to read books on their iPad or tablet.It is nice to hear them talk about reading anything! I use mine on my computer as well. The larger print is nice when it gets later at night. I do not wear glasses, but have other vision challenges. I also use magazine apps for the hard copies I receive, so I have more access to the information.
A lot of the applications I read about seems to be using the technology to replace something; noy necessarily to improve the learning experience. I tried to get my students to use the textbook CD at home instead of the book when I taught World History. The students wouldn't do it. Even though the CD had many interactive sections with maps, stories, etc. They just wanted the answer (hopefully highlighted).
Had problem with DVD playing in laptop this week. Had to install different video reader; then was OK. Meanwhile, went "old school" and used DVD player.
No comments:
Post a Comment